Wednesday, April 26, 2017

$600 for a premium sound system - is it possible?

note: this page works best with your ad-blocker turned off :)

The Sony Sound system in the 802a package is pretty nice, but it's lacking in clarity and needs a little more 'punch' on the low end... so I have a fun DIY project that I'll be pursuing...

While I'm not an audophile, I do enjoy music and if you have long trips - may as well be good to your ears!  :)

Here's the running list of parts - the total cost is about $570 which includes enough Dynamat to cover the whole inside of the truck!

Here's the thread that started my quest! http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f266/diy-stereo-upgrade-under-%24500-00-a-53213/

Some Dynamat to install around the doors and other places...


In recent discoveries, you'll need 2 x of the Dynamat kits, or you can go with the Noico for cheaper!

   

Ok, let's talk speakers - this is what 'talks' to you - right?  In doing some research, the Pioneer A-series are the 'bang for the buck' and at these prices, I don't see how you can go wrong!

Front Doors are 6x9 with brackets
 

Rear Doors are 6.5" with brackets


Front pillars have 7/8" tweeters (need a brace for them), and the center dash uses a 3 1/2" speaker

 

Now we need the subwoofer, amplifier and wiring!  This retrofits into the existing subwoofer cabinet.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finally installed my subwoofer upgrade

 So many projects, so little time... but I've been wanting to update my subwoofer and amp for as long as I've owned the truck - it&#...